Thursday, August 6, 2009

Is That a Zucchini in Your Garden (Or Are You Just Happy to See Me)?


Knock, knock...who's there? It's me - Green Kristine. I know it's been a long time, and there may not be anyone left reading my blog. I completely understand. I hate when blogs are sporadic - it's very frustrating.


But I now have two topics on which I must blog. Get ready for a comeback!


Anyone who knows me well knows that I am a avid gardener. In fact, it's one of my biggest sources of happiness and stress relief. Some days I just sit on our porch staring at my garden. It's amazing how from something so small as a seed, such wonderful things are produced.


Anyway, I was out in the garden yesterday for my daily harvest, and I stumbled upon what I thought was a dead animal. To my amazement and surprise, it was the biggest zucchini I've ever seen - 5.5 pounds to be exact.


While some say that my garden does wonderfuly well because of dog pee, Morris and Zoe are not peeing in the garden. I like to think it's just a little extra TLC that keeps my garden growing - including lots of watering, composting and regular attention.


"Mammoth" will be turned into a wonderful dinner of stuffed zucchini Sunday night.


And check back next week for the recipe and, who knows, I may have a new posting up by then.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Welcome Back! Don't leave me hanging for so long this time!