Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Time to Brag...

My parents are huge fans of gardening, and I picked up the green thumb when I moved out on my own. Last year's garden was in a different location. This year's garden is in the place of the above-ground pool our house had when we moved in. After lots of TLC, the soil turned out great. We added top soil, contents from our compost pile and nearly 20 bags of manure (my Dad did that part!)

Below are pics of the garden and our first crop from a few weeks ago. The garden is in full swing now. Last night I canned about 30 Hungarian hot peppers. We also have eggplant; green, yellow and red bell peppers; zucchini; cucumbers; butternut squash; green beans; and TONS of tomatoes (we have about 30 tomato plants).













This is Morris (on the left) and Zoe, our new dogs. They are too cute for words, so I needed to upload a picture of them, too!

1 comment:

Ashlee said...

TOO CUTE!!!
and i'm jealous of your crop circle.